Canadian Kindness Leaders (CKL) will engage Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth with projects of kindness and inclusion in provinces across Canada.
In phase one, the 2020/2021 school year, we will train youth aged 9 to 12 in the evidence-based WITS LEADerS curriculum in conjunction with exploring an all-encompassing theme of kindness. In phase two, for the 2021-2022 school year, we will encourage and facilitate youth-led social action micro-projects that promote the values of lateral kindness, empathy, and inclusion.
CKL Schools receive:
- WITS LEADerS materials including books, lesson plans, posters, bookmarks, stickers and pamphlets (approximately value $1,000)
- Funding (up to $500 per school) to help with costs of social action micro-projects
- Platform for sharing kids’ kindness projects
- and initiatives
- Follow up support as needed
All schools that teach 9 to 12-year-old students, and are located in one of the following Canadian provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba or Quebec are eligible. Contact us!
Requirements to participate:
- A commitment to delivery of the WITS LEADerS program to youth ages 9 to 12 in your school for the 2020/2021 school year
- School personnel involved must complete our short survey before and after the project
- Students must complete a short YOUTH TAKE CHARGE survey (from Canadian Heritage), to be completed in school
What modifications are in place for COVID-19 restrictions/guidelines?
CKL will operate according to the health guidelines of the respective provinces involved.
To learn more about the WITS Program Foundation and its Canadian Kindness Leaders Project, visit https://www.canadiankindnessleaders.ca/
Media contact, CKL Program Manager, Renée Cenerini, at email@example.com or call 250-386-7625 or Toll free at 1-855-858-8766