Listed below are links to resources to help you identify and reduce instances of bullying and peer victimization.
- Keeping Kids Safe
This BC site contains postings of how schools and parents are dealing with bullying and harassment within schools. Information is provided in six different languages. A variety of tips and resources for schools and parents are also listed.
- Calgary School-Based Violence Prevention Programs
This site offers a resource manual that presents school-based violence prevention programs that are relevant for girls and boys, young women and young men. This site reviews 79 prevention programs.
- Safe Schools Manitoba aims to create a greater awareness and understanding of the problems that impact the safety of our schools. It advocates a positive, proactive approach to the promotion of safe and caring schools and communities.
- The Canadian Safe School Network
A national organization with a mandate to reduce youth violence and make our schools safer.
- Internet Safety Links by ConnectED
ConnectED provides resources and strategies to educate kids about being healthy and safe while interacting with others online.
- A School-based Anti-Violence Prevention Program
This site from London, Ontario offers research, recommended books and multimedia.
- Bullying among young children: A guide for teachers and carers
Prepared by the Australian Government, this booklet focuses on helping preschool carers, Kindergarten and primary school teachers counter bullying behaviour.
- Cyberbullying Research Center
This site identifies the causes and consequences of online harassment.