The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Teasing
What is this?
When you use our Amazon links to make a purchase, our partner, the Rock Solid Foundation, receives a small affiliate fee. As a non-profit organization, these funds help us to continue to provide free online resources for schools and communities to help prevent bullying and peer victimization. The price you pay at Amazon remains the same. Thank you for your support!
Brother and Sister don’t agree about teasing. Brother thinks teasing is okay until he gets teased. He uses a lot of ways to handle it but when a new student arrives who gets teased more than him, Brother comes up with his best solution.
WITS Connection: Talk it out, Seek help
- Select your province to see learning outcomes for this lesson.
Questions and Activities
- What do you think this book is about?
- Have you ever been teased? How did you feel? What other ways are there to communicate other than teasing?
- What did Brother get teased about? Why did they stop teasing him?
- Why did Too-Tall start teasing Milton? What did Brother do to get it to stop?
- Did Brother change his mind about whether or not he liked teasing? Why?
- What else could Brother have done to deal with the teasing? How could he have used his WITS?
- When do you realize there is too much teasing? What do you do about it?
- Ask students to describe five good things about themselves and five good things about a classmate.